How much are the Skywalk tickets?
Hallstatt skywalk tickets – Do you want to find yourself 360 metres above the rooftops of Hallstatt? Standing on the Skywalk platform, Hallstatt and the UNESCO World Heritage Lake are at your feet. For those who want to enjoy the breath-taking Alpine panorama, this is the right place to visit. The attraction is located on the Hallstatt Salt Mountain (Salzberg). From the top station of the Hallstatt cable car, it is only a 2-minute walk to the viewpoint!
When is Hallstatt Skywalk “Welterbeblick” open?
The Skywalk is open according to the opening hours of the funicular that leads up. These opening hours vary depending on the season. This January was funicular closed for revision.
|9.1.2023 – 10.2.2023||closed due to revision|
However, the standard opening hours during the season are from 9:00 to 16:30. But we recommend you always check the current opening hours on the official website.
How to get to Skywalk?
The Hallstatt Skywalk is located directly above the town of Hallstatt. There are two ways to reach the viewpoint. You can take the funicular all the way to the top and watch the views unfold as you go. You can also take a pleasant trail to the Skywalk platform. If you decide to hike, we recommend to combine it with the panorama trail. In this case, entry to the Skywalk is free. By the way, during the trip, you will discover how hard the original miners had to work to mine and get to work.
Tickets for Skywalk Hallstatt
If you choose to use the funicular, then you must buy tickets. How is this easiest? You can buy your tickets online in advance and avoid queuing. Of course, you can also buy tickets at the cable car boarding point called Salzbergbahn. You can also decide for a combination of these two possibilities. Take the funicular up and walk back down to Hallstatt.
How much do Skywalk tickets cost?
You have several options to choose from. You can select a combined ticket, which includes access to the salt mine in addition to the funicular. This combined ticket costs 40 € for an adult and 20 € for a child. We recommend this combination as a great trip especially for families with children. It takes about 10 minutes to get up there.
You can also choose the option of a funicular round trip. So, you can ride up and down and enjoy the beautiful scenery from the cabin in both directions. In this case, the ticket includes only the ride and costs 22 € for an adult and 11 € for a child. The funicular runs at regular intervals, so there is no need to break down if you find a large queue of visitors.
If you decide to take the funicular up and walk down, then an adult ticket cost 12 € and a child 6 €. You will definitely not regret the walk. You can discover beautiful nature and it is very tourist friendly – there are many resting places and good waymarked. The trail will take you to the Skywalk in about an hour.
1. Saltmine Hallstatt with funicular round trip – skywalk tickets
|Saltmine Hallstatt with funicular round trip||1 adult||40 Eur|
|Saltmine Hallstatt with funicular round trip||1 child||20 Eur|
|Saltmine Hallstatt with funicular round trip||1 adult||1 child||58 Eur|
|Saltmine Hallstatt with funicular round trip||2 adults||80 Eur|
|Saltmine Hallstatt with funicular round trip||2 adults||1 child||98 Eur|
|Saltmine Hallstatt with funicular round trip||2 adults||2 children||116Eur|
2. Funicular up or down without Saltmine – skywalk tickets
|Children (4-15 years)||€ 6,–|
|Children with accompanying parent (4-15 years)||€ 5,50|
|Groups from 20 persons|
(every 21st free)
|School- & youth groups||€ 6,–|
3. Funicular up and down without salt mine – skywalk tickets
|Children (4-15 years)||€ 11,–|
|Children with accompanying parent (4-15 years)||€ 10,–|
|Groups from 20 persons|
(every 21st free)
|School- & youth groups||€ 11,–|
4. Hike up and down without salt mine skywalk tickets
If you prefer hiking and viewpoints, then skywalk is completely free of charge.
Useful advice and tips
- If you do not have enough views, we recommend using the terrace of the nearby Rudolfsturm restaurant, especially in summer. Here you can enjoy a great lunch, local specialties, or something good to drink.
- Dogs are allowed on the Skywalk, but if you go into the salt mine, you have to leave your dog in the dog kennels that are prepared.
- If you decide to go in a group (20 people), then you are eligible for a cheaper ticket. Family tickets for the Skywalk are also available.
- We also recommend using the following passes, which are discounted:
ARBÖ member, ÖAMTC Member
The Salzkammergut Card is offered by most accommodation in the Hallstatt region, don’t be afraid to ask for it.
- The platform is also available with a pram or for wheelchair users.
- We recommend a visit in both summer and winter. However, choose a weekday, there will be fewer tourists.
- Don’t underestimate the weather and appropriate footwear.
- The Skywalk is not suitable for people who are afraid of heights.
- If you want the view all to yourself. Let the tourists take the last cable car and enjoy the views without queues. You can then walk down a beautiful trail.
Reviews – Hallstatt Skywalk “Welterbeblick” Aussichtsplattform
- Must come here. It is an UNESCO protected viewpoint. Extreme beauty. You can take the stairs or you can take gondola to go uphill. For winter season, the gondola is recommended. You can buy a ticket for gondola and viewpoint alone or you can combine it with an entrance ticket to the guided tour in salt mine. There is a nice restaurant here as well.
- From Hallstatt skywalk, you get to see a beautiful view of Hallstatt. Very calm and peaceful. Do visit when you have good weather and clear sky. You can reach here with the cable car service. Enjoy the awesome view of the place in the following photos. A must visit Place in Hallstatt.
- The magnificent viewing platform in Hallstatt, just about 350 meters above the sea level. It offers an incredible view of the UNESCO World Heritage town of Hallstatt. You can take the funicular railway which runs every 20 minutes or hike if you like too.
- Stunning views of the lake, the city and the surrounding mountains. There are a number of points of interest up here including a tour of the Salt mines. Worth a visit.
- A must visit in Austria.. The views are breathtaking.The start of the hike waa a bit difficult to find as there weren’t notice boards to indicate the way. Turn right and keep walking when you arrive at the Funnicular entrance. It’s an easy hike with a bit more elevation towards the end. But its all worth it.
Already packed for this trip?
Since it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, we highly recommend visiting it. The viewpoint is open to tourists, and it would be a shame not to visit it if you are in the vicinity of Hallstatt.
See where you can hike around Hallstatt, or ride a MTB. In the summer months, take a swim on the beach in Obertraun or escape the heat in and look at the views, especially the 5 fingers are amazing. If that’s not enough for you, don’t forget to cool off in the Dachstein Ice Cave World on the way up to Krippenstein.
Are you looking for an ideal place for a family vacation? Hallstatt lake and its surroundings offer many beautiful places for a few days or more than a week. Go to one of the most beautiful Austrian lakes. With our tips you will plan an unforgettable holiday in Hallstatt and its surroundings!